We are highlighting some high priority committee roles for 2023 this week in the lead up to Jets Juniors AGM on Friday 2nd September at 7pm. Our club runs on the efforts of our much valued volunteers so if you are interested in the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via our committee information page at www.jetsjuniors.com/committee
New Heatherdale Pavilion - Opening December 2022
Available Position - FACILITY OFFICER
Reports to: Club Committee
Purpose of the role
The Facility Officer helps to ensure the club’s physical facilities (buildings, grounds and ovals) are at a high standard of safety and presentation for matches, training, events and other activities run by the club.
Key skills for role
· Able to prioritise and coordinate activities
· Ability to schedule and organise work with suppliers and committee members
· Good communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities
The Facility Maintenance Officer duties may include but are not limited to:
· Act as contact point between club and Whitehorse council.
· Submit applications to council for winter use of Heatherdale Reserve and Pavilion
· Arrange contracts for cleaning of facilities.
· Arrange line marking for ovals.
· Create a roster of committee members and other volunteers to act as ground manager on 14 match days of the year & finals if required.
· Ensure the relevant areas of the facility are maintained and in good working order (e.g. change rooms, oval, kitchen, umpires rooms, toilets etc.).
· Develop a schedule of regular maintenance items with the committee (e.g. fire extinguisher checks).
· Alert committee of any works or repairs required for their consideration.
· Arrange handover to Heatherdale Cricket Club at end of season.
· 2 - 4 hours per week or as requested
· Busy times –
April – August (in season)